ABOUT THE BOOK
The Bird and the Blade
by Megan Bannen
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: June 5, 2018
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
As a slave in the Kipchak Khanate, Jinghua has lost everything: her home, her family, her freedom … until she finds herself an unlikely conspirator in the escape of Prince Khalaf and his irascible father as they flee from their enemies across the vast Mongol Empire. On the run, with adversaries on all sides and an endless journey ahead, Jinghua hatches a scheme to use the Kipchaks’ exile to return home, a plan that becomes increasingly fraught as her feelings for Khalaf evolve into a hopeless love.
Jinghua’s already dicey prospects take a downward turn when Khalaf seeks to restore his kingdom by forging a marriage alliance with Turandokht, the daughter of the Great Khan. As beautiful as she is cunning, Turandokht requires all potential suitors to solve three impossible riddles to win her hand—and if they fail, they die.
Jinghua has kept her own counsel well, but with Khalaf’s kingdom—and his very life—on the line, she must reconcile the hard truth of her past with her love for a boy who has no idea what she’s capable of … even if it means losing him to the girl who’d sooner take his life than his heart.
This has been an incredibly fun read. Though I haven’t yet completely finished the book I’m sure that it will continue to hold my interest as it already has. I was a little wary at first when I began reading. The setting was harder for me to get my head around at first. Probably because I was half distracted reading two other books at the same time and the chaos going on in my offline life. Still, I eventually got my bearings and started to enjoy myself.
Stay tuned for a full review later on.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32702487-the-bird-and-the-blade?ac=1&from_search=true
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Bird-Blade-Megan-Bannen/dp/0062674153/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504144714&sr=8-1&keywords=megan+Bannen
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-bird-and-the-blade-megan-bannen/1126314403?ean=9780062674159#/
- Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Bird-Blade-Megan-Bannen/9780062674159?ref=grid-view&qid=1525332001087&sr=1-1
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-bird-and-the-blade
- IndieBound: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9780062674159
- iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-bird-and-the-blade/id1229856017?mt=11&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Blog tour schedule link: http://fantasticflyingbookclub.blogspot.com/2018/05/tour-schedule-bird-and-blade-by-megan.html
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Megan Bannen is a librarian and the author of THE BIRD AND THE BLADE. In her spare time, she collects graduate degrees from Kansas colleges and universities. While most of her professional career has been spent in public libraries, she has also sold luggage, written grants, and taught English at home and abroad. She lives in the Kansas City area with her husband, their two sons, and a few too many pets with literary names. She can be found online at www.meganbannen.com.
Social media links:
- Prize: 1 copy of THE BIRD AND THE BLADE (US Only)
- Starts: 5/31
- Ends: 6/12