1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I usually go by how I feel. Am I in the mood for fantasy? Dystopian? Something girly?
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I guess it depends on why I’m not liking it but usually I’ll put it down. I have so many books on my TBR, why would I waste time with something I’m not enjoying?
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I usually read it spurts so I’ll probably end up catching up in my own time.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I rage. I cry. I buy multiple copies so that the covers match. I grumble when I pass one that hasn’t rereleased in a matching cover. You know, the usual.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Usually Laura and I have similar feels on books. Or my friend Kura. Or Mia. I can usually find someone in my life that agrees.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
This used to happen once in a while in college because I read a lot in class but I don’t really go out in public and read anymore. When it happened in class nobody noticed because they were paying attention to the lesson so I hid my face in the book.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Probably not. If I loved the book I usually don’t forget the important stuff. Sometimes I go to goodreads to jog my memory on some little things but since I often marathon series this doesn’t happen often.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I distract them by telling them about a great book I read that I don’t own, then we go to the library so they can get it. I only let a select group borrow my books.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
One of two things. I either go on a Netflix binge until I’m ready to read or I pick up a book that’s as different from what I’ve been reading as possible.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
One or two. Often I’ll trade for or borrow the ARC if I didn’t get it from the publisher.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Sometimes I read them immediately, sometimes they sit on my shelf for months. It depends on my mood.
I tag Laura @ Bibliophile at Best and Maf @ Maf’s Crazy Book Life