To celebrate THE BOOK NUT turning 3 years old, and to celebrate my time here at the blog, however short it’s been, I’m putting up my top Fives of the year so far!
FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE – HOW BIG HOW BLUE HOW BEAUTIFUL
– Florence is one of my favourite singers ever. When I bought tickets to see her in January, i spent months just immersed in her music. Love, love, love. my favourite song off the album changes, but right now, it’s VARIOUS STORMS AND SAINTS.
PAUL DEMPSEY – STRANGE LOOP
– Paul Dempsey is my favourite singer/musician of all time. this year he released his sophomore solo album and it was everything i’ve ever hoped it could be. now he just needs to tour outside of Australia….
HALSEY – BADLANDS
– Halsey is a new discovery for me this year and i have to say i’m enjoying her music quite alot.
FALL OUT BOY – SAVE ROCK AND ROLL
– yeah, the album is three years old but I LOVE this album and just keep going back to it. every song is sing-along-loud to. Perfection.
THE WEEKND – BEAUTY BEHIND THE MADNESS
– so the lyrics are a bit raunchy, there’s quite a bit of sexual tension going on in the music, but the beats are there and i love the guy’s voice. yes, please. put out a second album like soonish. also, the duet with Ed Sheeran is on point.
– AMAZING. i loved this film from start to finish, and finally, FINALLY found out who i would be if i were in the Marvel Universe. definitely Deadpool. also came up with the excuse “because Deadpool”. in short : I LOVE DEADPOOL.
– This film is DRIPPING with gothic tones and it’s just so deliciously fun to watch. if you love a bit of the macabre like i do, you’ll love this film. plus, Charlie Hunnam and Tom Hiddleston? yep. WIN.
– Simply brilliant, this remake/reboot of the classic films was just everything i wanted it to be. and Kate McKinnon as Jillian Holtzman? YES. YES PLEASE. MAKE A SEQUEL.
GAME OF THRONES
– Yep, favorite show. yep, it’s awesome. Yep, give me more dragons. NOPE, don’t give me less episodes. JUST GIVE ME MORE.
THE LAST WITCH HUNTER
– who would have thought that a movie with Vin Diesel as a witch hunter could be so awesome? it was inspiring for me to write as well, and i enjoyed it more than once. total WIN.
THE THRONE OF GLASS SERIES by Sarah J. Maas
– while i’m still in the middle of buddy-reading this with my friend Liz, i am enjoying it immensely.
THE CRESSWELL PLOT by Eliza Wass
– my last name being in the title notwithstanding – this book was creepy, and i couldn’t put it down. i loved every second of this book that you kinda wanted to wash off your skin when you were done.
BURNING GLASS by Kathryn Purdie
– This book was all consuming. it pulled on all sorts of fun cultural things in this different world of a girl who can feel things around her and uses it to serve the emperor. i need the sequel now please.
THE GLITTERING COURT by Richelle Mead
– part THE SELECTION, part Little House on the Prairie, this book was fun to read and another i couldn’t put down. i’m excited to see what the next one has in store.
WINK, POPPY, MIDNIGHT by April Genevieve Tucholke
– at times when i was reading it, i had to stop and think “what am i reading?”. it was a strange, methodically creepy book. and it was brilliant.
my giveaway will be held on Twitter! make sure you go check it out on the pinned tweet at the top of my feed. i will be giving away one pre-order of an upcoming book. the contest will run for one week and the winner will be chosen at random. good luck!