Now it’s time to introduce our last author for the month. She was one of the trio (along with Mindy McGinnis and Jody Casella) who inspired this whole event in the first place and one of my favorite people in the world! Welcome the amazing Natalie D. Richards!
My life is far too boring to make for good television, but I’m still building a soundtrack all the time. I love music. Love it when I’m driving, when I’m cooking, when I’m working out, and when I’m writing. And since the music has to fit the mood (hello! Soundtrack!) I have the weirdest iTunes library on earth.
So, let’s share our music loves, and then I’ll wrap it up with the songs that played most often while I wrote One Was Lost!
- The Song I’m Playing WAY too much and I’m bound to be sick of at some point in the near future:
Castle by Halsey
- My current moody/sentimental/emo/thinking-deep-thoughts song.
Hometown by twentyonepilots
- The song that I can’t believe isn’t more popular because the vocals are WHOA.
River by Bishop Briggs
- The song that just kills me and I’ll probably always love.
Unsteady by X Ambassadors
- The song that’s best for driving or walking the dog (hey, I did say soundtrack)
First by Cold War Kids
So, what about One Was Lost? Building the playlist for this book was a process. In One Was Lost, four virtual strangers on the same mandatory senior trip wake up in the forest with their supplies destroyed, their teacher-guide unconscious, and words scrawled on their arms. Someone was in their camp, someone who took their things and wrote on their skin. Someone who’s hunting them. Now they’re forced to work together to escape before their hunter closes in. So….happy, fun times in the forest! HA!
Here are some of the songs that either kept me in the creepy mood or maybe spoke to some things going on in the characters. One Was Lost comes out October 4th, and I can’t wait to share it with you!
- Sweather Weather by The Neighbourhood
- Ultraviolence by Lana Del Rey
- Work Song by Hozier
- Help I’m Alive by Metric
- Staring at the Sun by TV on the Radio
- Up In Flames by Ruelle
- Keep the Streets Empty for Me by Fever Ray
- Tennis Court by Lorde
- Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys
- Hurricane by MS MR
Natalie is offering a copy of one of her books of the winner’s choice for our month long giveaway so check it out and enter OAAA 2016: Massive Giveaway!
A recap of OAAA is still to come so if you missed anything you’ll be able to check out each and every author’s post.
From our shelves to yours,
Erin & Natalie