It’s book tag time! I found this baby over at Read at Midnight and decided to give it a go. Let’s talk unpopular opinions.
1. A popular book you didn’t like.
Sigh. No. Just no. I don’t get the popularity of this series, particularly this first book. They’re just not good. Not Twilight level bad but that’s not saying a lot.
2. A book series that everyone hates but you love.
The first book in this series has A LOT of problems but the later books get significantly better. I kinda wish people would give it more of a chance than they do.
3. A love triangle where the MC ends up with the person you didn’t want them to end up with.
Screw Peeta, Gale was the way to go. At least he could handle himself. Peeta spent too much time as a damsel in distress.
4. A popular genre you rarely reach for.
Contemporary. Ugh. I get far too bored.
5. A popular character you didn’t like.
Mal. I cannot stand the guy. He’s awful and the way he treats Alina pisses me off.
6. A popular author you can’t seem to get into.
Everyone seems to love Stiefvater. I really can’t get into her for some reason. I’ve never been able to finish one of her books.
7. A popular trope you’re tired of seeing.
Love triangles. God I’m so sick of love triangles.
8. A popular series you have no interest in reading.
Ok so technically I started the first book but I couldn’t get through it and have no interest in trying again.
9. The saying goes “the book is always better than the movie” but what movie do you prefer to the book?
The Maze Runner. The movie kicks the book’s ass. It makes the story seem so much more grand and important.
Link me to your own unpopular book tag or answer some of these questions in the comments!
From my shelf to yours,