Ok, Laura just did these and it looked like so much fun (plus I love filling out surveys!), so here’s my answers to my Book Reader Problems!
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
If I’ve got something I need to review, usually that goes first; otherwise, I read whatever calls to me from my shelf.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I try to stick it out, I really do. But sometimes, they go back on the shelf or to the donation pile. I get defeated!
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I read ALOT of digital comics. Rick and Morty, Bob’s Burgers… you name it. In fact, I’ve already done that this year.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I don’t. I throw a fit and get mad, and then I either buy the mis-matched book or I do not. Hence why I’ve got unfinished series sitting on my shelf.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Erin, Allison, and Liz. They usually are on the same level and can discuss things with me (however rationally or irrationally). Also my niece!
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
Honestly, this has never happened to me. It takes ALOT for me to cry during a book. I think the last time was when I read Goblet of Fire for the first time (and i was 21).
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I might. It depends. Usually no, but I’ll have the first book next to me for reference.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
The only people who are allowed to borrow books from me are my husband (because I know where he sleeps), and my niece (because we have an understanding — she knows not to break spines.) Otherwise it’s a trip to the library for them.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
This is a tough one, because I fall into slumps so easily. Usually it takes a really, REALLY good read to get me out of it. Or Erin will suggest something and I’ll give it a try.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I pre-order everything by my favourite authors, and anything that I think I might read straight away or if it’s a continuation of a series. It depends. I also buy second hand!
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Yeah, don’t ask. It depends on who it’s by. If it’s by one of my favourite authors, then of course it will get bumped up the pile. But usually, they’ll sit and “ripen” as I like to say.