It’s tag time again! This baby I found again on youtube, though I cannot find the original one. This is the NOPE. Book Tag and I know we’ve all had those moments when we read something and NOPE so hard we have to talk about it.
So let’s begin!
1. NOPE. Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.
I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! This book completely fell apart in the second half for me, and the ending felt SO RUSHED. It still makes me angry.
2. NOPE. Protagonist: A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.
America Singer. God I hate her so much. I want to yell at her every other page and call her a stupid bint.
3. NOPE. Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE. after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.
Book one was awesome but book 2? Complete mess. I never got more than a few pages in. Don’t compare people to popsicles. Ew.
4. NOPE. Popular pairing: A “ship” you don’t support
Edward and Bella. Beside the fact that I hate them both, they’re a terrible couple. Edward is creepy and Bella is a doormat. Jacob isn’t much better.
5. NOPE. Plot twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like.
CHAOL. CHAOL WHY? NEHEMIA WHY? JUST WHY? *sigh*
6. NOPE. Protagonist action/decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE.
Just about everything Mare does in books 2 and 3 of this series makes me shake my head. Maven’s decision in book 1. SIGH.
7. NOPE. Genre: A genre you will never read.
Never? I really read a little bit of everything. But I really don’t like Literary fiction or verse novels.
8. NOPE. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition.
Anything is verse makes me crazy. Other than that I’ll read most things.
9. NOPE. Trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE.
Love triangles. Stop stop stop this.
10. NOPE. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.
Probably THUG. I really don’t like most contemporary unless its somehow geek related. So most super hyped contemporary gets a pass from me.
11. NOPE. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.
Letting out breaths you didn’t know you were holding. GAH!
12. NOPE. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.
Tamlin. Screw Tamlin.
13. NOPE. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say NOPE.
14. NOPE. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.
Amarantha. Always Amarantha.
15. NOPE. Death: A character death that still haunts you.
Fred Weasley, Sirius Black. Remus Lupin.
16. NOPE. Author: An author you had a bad experience reading for and have decided to quit.
I can think of a few but none I wish to share.