Published by Createspace on May 6th 2015
Genres: New Adult
Buy on Amazon**Buy on Barnes & Noble
He’s a player in more ways than one…
College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.
Now he’s going to need to up his game…
After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.
This is a great addition to the Off Campus series! Logan is kind of the typical jock. He’s full of himself, loves to party and doesn’t stay with one girl for long. He meets Grace, who is a freshman and not too shockingly, a virgin. Now wait, before you start groaning about that storyline, it’s really a good one. It’s dealt with well and in a way that I think could be helpful for people who are virgins in college so that part really didn’t bother me at all.
Like every single Elle Kennedy book I’ve read, her characters are just wonderful. Funny and snarky, they always transcend the boxes you initially put them in and really grow throughout the book. The book really puts a good perspective on the difference in expectations for girls and guys in college.
What I Loved:
- Logan. He’s ridiculous and funny, uses acronyms for things that shouldn’t have them, and is really a good guy underneath all his swagger.
- After he royally screws up, he puts his everything into winning Grace back and it is just too adorable.
- Although Grace starts out feeling out of her league, she really holds her own and makes Logan work for it.
- Both of the characters are real and totally relatable. They’re funny and I would love to have Grace as a best friend!!
- The banter between the hockey guys is so hysterical. I really loved the scenes where they were together, it really had me chuckling a few times.
- The steaminess is off the charts crazy. The chemistry between Logan and Grace is out of control but that wasn’t the whole reason they were together either.
I always fly through Elle Kennedy’s books and this one is no different. It’s fun, entertaining and sexy and I was so sad when it was over. Can’t recommend this series enough!!